Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Huntsman delayed


so shortly after posting the last blog, I was getting dressed for work and while balancing on one leg and trying to slip my other into the slacks, I lost my balance. Hopping and twisting and falling resulted in a strained lower back. I spent 4 days in bed.

I did take some modeling clay and worked on the shape of the huntsman so that I can hit it with different lighting to help determine how the painting light will be.

Plus, I came up with a new idea for a painting. The kimono will be large sheets of watercolor. The kabuki face will be very stylized like a woodblock print. the wig hair will be intricate for the design element.

The eyes, brows, and possibly the nose I will do on a new gallery wrap canvas I saw at the art store. It is cut at an angle so that it appears to float above the surface.

Will it work? I have no idea, but the idea intrigues me. I also have no idea where I will put it in my house.

No comments: