Monday, December 28, 2009

The Huntsman day 1 and 2




I modified the composition and began laying down paint over the Christmas weekend. I have been using large brushes to force me away from details.


I'm using the Daniel Greene palette. I watched his video before beginning and for the FIRST time, I am confident about what colors to use and how to mix.


I am happy with how it is proceeding, and so far haven't had the thought that "it is a piece of trash-what was I thinking-" a major step forward for me!


It is different from my previous works because of how loose it is. But still recognizable as my "style" because of the composition, I believe.


Some changes in my personal life have really motivated me to paint or draw everyday now. No more procrastination. So I have my studio set up and lots of different sizes of canvas, or paper so nothing stands in my way (except myself).


I will also work on my sculpture that has patiently been waiting for years.

No comments: